Visa free rules
In accordance to the legislation of Russian Federation (RF Government Resolution №397), foreign tourists and persons without citizenship or relevant visa and/or proper permission travelling on ferries may arrive to the Russian Federation without Russian visa for the period of 72 hours being part of organized excursion group. VISA-Free journey can last up to 3 days.
If you want to visit St. Petersburg without a Russian visa, you should to remember a few basic rules:
• According to the law a passenger must arrive at the port of St. Petersburg onboard a ferry of MOBY SPL LIMITED company and leave in the same manner, be part of organised excursion group (City Bus Tour in this case) and comply with the rule of no longer than 72-hour stay. 72 hours period begins for the moment of crossing border control.
• All passengers travelling on board from Stockholm, Helsinki or Tallinn to St. Petersburg are required to present a passport at check-in before entering the ship.
• All passengers travelling visa free have to reserve sightseeing program in St. Petersburg in advance. The most affordable way is purchasing city bus shuttle service offered by MOBY SPL LIMITED mandatory shuttle bus ticket’s price is 25€ for adults and 12,5€ for children (0-12 years). Visa-free travelling concerns all passengers.
1. Sea Station Terminal, V.O.,1, Morskoy Slavy square
2. The Manege, St. Isaac's Square, 1
• If a passenger arrives from outside the Schengen area, the passenger must have a multiple entry Schengen visa to return to Sweden, Finland or Estonia after the cruise. Passengers arriving under the VISA FREE regime must stay within the territory defined by the pre-paid excursion program (City Bus Tour program).
• If a passenger stays within the Russian Federation territory for longer than one day the passenger must present to the Border Guard Service a hotel voucher, a confirmation of payment for the booking. Passing the registration formalities at the hotel is obligatory.
The costs of the registration formalities will be advised on the check in in hotel.
• Hotel accommodation must be booked via booking system of MOBY SPL LIMITED.
Accommodation booked via Airbnb service is forbidden in frame of visa free cruise. Passengers booked accommodation via Airbnb service will be refused in check-in to the ship.
• MOBY SPL LIMITED guarantees accommodation in hotels only if its booked through booking system of MOBY SPL LIMITED.
MOBY SPL LIMITED reserves the right to refuse in check-in in port of departure if the hotel is booked through other booking systems not affiliated with MOBY SPL LIMITED.
• If the hotel refuses to accommodate the passenger, MOBY SPL LIMITED shall not be liable and shall not reimburse any of the passenger expenses, moral compensations or any other losses.
Please note list of Hotels who do not accept visa free passengers from this page
. Please do not book accommodation in these Hotels.
• Documents for registration in Hotels of Saint-Petersburg required by immigration authorities of Russia are provided ONLY if Hotel booked via MOBY SPL LIMITED company. Please note that without registration documents VISA-FREE passenger shall not be accommodated in the hotel due to effective legislation of Russian Federation. If the hotel accommodation is booked not through MOBY SPL all the claims regarding accommodation will not be accepted and should be solved by passenger on its own directly with Hotel. In this case MOBY SPL provides only transportation services and shall not be liable for the services booked by the passenger through other booking sources.
Please be informed that due to restrictions imposed by the legislation of Russian Federation all tourists staying in hotels in St. Petersburg shall have migration registration in this hotel. Therefore, booking hotels it’s important to check if the hotel provides registration services. Please note that we are very careful in monitoring and abiding amendments of legislation of Russian Federation and all our partner hotels which you can book through MOBY SPL booking system provide such service.
If you are travelling under VISA FREE program, you have to be a part of a group tourist program of MOBY SPL and choose only our partner hotels which you can book through MOBY SPL booking system.
If during check-in in port of departure it will become clear that you are staying in hostel or in any other kind of accommodation which does not provide migration registration or if you are travelling under VISA FREE program and you haven’t joint group touristic program of MOBY SPL, you can be refused in check in. Violating that rule you’re fully aware that the fine that may be imposed by migration authorities on MOBY SPL LIMITED shall be claimed from you.
• All passengers travelling on board SPL Princess Anastasia with car (drivers) must hold Russian visa.
• MOBY SPL LIMITED is entitled to refuse the passenger in transportation , if by understanding of MOBY SPL LIMITED personnel the passenger violates or might violate the regulations of Border Guard Service of the Russian Federation/Finland/Sweden/Estonia.
• In case of violation of 72 hours visa free staying in the Russian Federation regulations all fees, penalties and other related expenses have to be covered by the passenger.
• All passengers, arriving to St. Petersburg under 72 hours regulation must know following IMPORTANT tips:
• Make sure that you have received the “Migration card”, passing the Immigration check point, with the validation date indicating the final date of your trip
• During excursions and during your pleasant stay in St. Petersburg, keep your documents in the safe place
• As per Russian Legislation for 72 hours rule, you have to leave Russia only by the ferry (sea transport). Do not use other means of transport.
• Note that in case of violation of the 72 hours regulation, you will be departed from Russia. The penalty for violation of the 72 hours regulation subject to a fine and five years prohibition to obtain Russian Visa.
• In case of occurrence of any situation listed above, please contact our office for the further instructions.